Pages

February 12, 2012

Just a wee Update...

Hello dear friends, how are things?

Me, I am recovering from my surgery. The surgery itself went well, and the surgeon called HOTGI from the operating room to tell him I came through it great. They ended up breaking my jaws in 5 places (2 breaks on the bottom, 3 on the top) and they gave me a splint which sets bewteen my upper and lower teeth and holds everything exactly in place however prevents me from speaking (oh joy). My body has been encountering some challenges in the recovery process, but things are getting easier every day.

The swelling in my face is gradually going down, and I am regaining sensation in more parts of my face with each day that passes. With more sensation however, I have more discomfort. I hesitate to call it pain at this point but it just isn't fun.

I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest though, and repinning all kinds of recipes that I plan on using once I am able to eat again. I had a friend send me a note on Facebook last night asking if I was trying to torture myself by pinning recipe after recipe while I was unable to eat! Well... I guess I figure I am going to be hungry one way or another, so I may as well look up recipes that will be something to look forward to.

At this very moment, if it weren't for the productive chest cough I seem to have developed (you try coughing up gross crap with your teeth bound together!) I wouldn't be doing too poorly. Jaws wired shut is a huge pain in the ass, but this too shall pass.

I want to share with you a picture of something my mother gave me when I came home from the hospital. She and I went shopping just after my braces went on and we found mug in a shop that made me laugh. Turns out she went back and bought it for me to give to me after this surgery...

Words to live by :)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!