Pages

June 2, 2012

Back from the abyss...

Hey loyal readers (the few of you who still check in here!) I'm back again!

I've been making a good recovery from surgery. Catching pneumonia when your jaw is wired shut isn't something I'd recommend.

So while I was recovering I pinned a lot of things to eat and to make and got it in my head that I should get some vinyl and try out cutting it with my Cricut. After some trial and error with blade depth / speed / pressure I figured out how to do a "kiss cut" and cut just the vinyl and not the backing. Then I ordered some transfer tape to make my decal making easier.

I've been having a blast!!

I've made all sorts of decals for myself and for friends and I have a small handful of some that I made multiples of that I'm hoping to be able to sell to folks I know. I'm not trying to run a business making these, just bring in enough to recoup my costs for the vinyl, tansfer tape, etc in order to buy more to play with!

My most recent, put on my 1981 CJ7:

KEEP CALM AND JEEP ON

In the same theme as the KCCO decal, I made a siliar one for the camper!

KEEP CALM AND CAMP ON
I think I like that one the best since it's the first one I made!

Then I got creative with the design program I use and made a "subway art" style decal for the inside of the camper, I LOVE this one!

WHEREVER WE ARE TOGETHER, THAT IS HOME

Next week I'll be giving some of my friends the decals I made for them... I can't wait to see my creations on their vehicles!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!