Pages

May 2, 2015

One foot in front of another

This morning I ran my first timed race of the year. It was the Benny Bulldog 5k that supports a racing group called Girls Gone Gazelle. The race took place at a park in my hometown, and while the trails were mostly in good shape, they had to re-route to avoid some snow on the trail. Snow. It's May 2nd. Snow on the trail at this point in the spring makes me want to weep.



But back to today's run. It was not my best. It was not my worst, but it was dang close. My feet hurt and my calves hurt. Basically my body reminded me that I need to dedicate more time to training! BUT, I earned my medal and it now hangs with all my others.

At the end of it all, I had fun... and isn't that really what matters?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!