Pages

January 3, 2011

Happy First Monday of 2011

I guess it can be a happy Monday since I am not at work. He-of-the-good-ideas and I both head back to our offices tomorrow morning to sort through the piles of things that hopefully did not amass while we were on vacation last week.

In all the years I've worked, I have never had the time off between Christmas and New Years and I just have to say, it was absolutely amazing and entirely necessary! He-of-the-good-ideas takes this time off every year and this year I was fortunate to be off with him. With our time off together we've visited family and friends, lounged, watched stuff recorded on the DVR (best TV watching invention ever) and spent time playing with the dog. No schedules, no timelines, just simple relaxation. It has been perfect.

That being said, I am almost looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Almost. I am at the point where 7pm hits and I am bored beyond compare, well bored of sitting and watching TV. I have laundry to put away, Christmas decorations spread across my dining room table that need to be boxed and stored and general tidying that needs to be done, but damn it all... that is stuff I don't WANT to do! It will get done. Perhaps not speedily, but it will get done.

Right now I will sit and enjoy this last day of my Christmas break, cuddle my dog (who is slowly encroaching on the space where the laptop currently sits) and watch the rain falling outside. Yes rain... an hour's drive from here, friends of ours are getting ready to go out and play in the snow that is falling but since we are so much closer to the coast, we get rain. It will be another muddy-paws day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!