Pages

August 23, 2011

Some Summer Adventures (in photographic form)

I bet you thought I ran away. Joined the circus and whatnot. In actual fact, we've just been really busy. The only consistent computer time I've had recently has been at work and THAT has been so busy, by the time I get home at the end of the day, I don't even want to look at my laptop!

We've been camping almost every weekend this summer, with the exception of some kitchen renovation weekends and that ridiculous project has been dragging on for SO LONG! I am just sick of the contractor we hired and his unprofessional ways!! But I digress, I could bitch about him for days and never run out of bad things to say about him. Once the kitchen is finished (God willing) I will have a HUGE picture post with all the steps of the reno!

But that isn't why I'm posting and not why you're reading (you're still reading right?) so here's what I've been up to...

We went to the Nova Scotia Jeep Club Jamboree 2011 and had a BLAST! I drove our Jeep a lot on the 2nd day of the event and got to spend some quality time with  my favourite people:







My grandmother had her 85th birthday and a party was held in the hall of her church and friends and relatives came from all over to celebrate with her:




We tried out a new campground in the beautiful Annapolis Valley (during strawberry season) and met some wonderful people and had a lovely fire! I also put together a surprise for HOTGI and made strawberry shortcake with fresh berries and biscuits (his favourite) while we were camping! When we came home I made about 45 cups of strawberry freezer jam!




We spent a weekend camping at a racetrack, yes... a racetrack!! and had an incredible time! It was blisteringly hot and I took very few pictures, but watching my coworker races his car in the Legends Series was a highlight as well as watching NASCAR driver Marcos Ambrose race in the IWK 250!


We following weekend, we went yard camping at my sister-in-law's place and got to spend some quality time with the nephew and the niece!




The next weekend was camping on our friends' property out in the country. They raising Muscovy ducks and there are currently about 80 birds, and the pooch was a bit overwhelmed! We had a GREAT bonfire and they set off fireworks!!





Then two of my childhood friends got married (I've known the groom since we were 5 and the bride since we were 12!) Congrats again guys, you had a beautiful wedding and I was blessed to be part of your day! The bride is a talented blogger as well as a teacher, so check out her blog here!



Off to camping again, this time to a wonderful campground, with OUTSTANDING weather and even better friends!! There was washer toss, happy playing pooches, swimming, and all-out Crazy Eights! Haha! I played in the pool with my new underwater camera and had tonnes of fun!





So, the summer isn't over yet, and there are more adventures to experience, a birthday to have, and pictures to take!

I promise to come back and share soon!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!