Pages

May 23, 2011

Last night I had a s'moregasm

We went camping this weekend. First camping trip of the year. It rained then was overcast and the temperature rarely got above 10 degrees Celsius. Brrrr. But we ate well (as we try to do when camping) and last night I made something I've been thinking about trying this out since sometime in February. Before I show you how I made it, let me share a picture of what it looks like after that first sweet, luscious bite...




Just looking at that picture reminds me of just.how.good.it.was.

Despite the craptacular weather this weekend, we had a campfire. The cold chased us away before we could stay outside and enjoy it much but it provided a nice wee heat for a bit.

While the coals were building up, I warmed up in the camper while preparing something delicious.

Take piece of heavy duty foil...


Place a graham cracker in the centre...


Grab some Hershey chocolate bars...


Break apart segments and arrange on your graham cracker...



Arrange nine mini-marshmallows on the chocolate...


Place another graham cracker on top. The final product is so close I can almost taste it and lick the chocolate off my fingers...



Wrap the heavy duty foil around your s'more sandwich...


Make some to share around the campfire...


I used a sandwich maker (cast iron, from Princess Auto, currently on sale right $12.99) to heat the foil packet. I learned that it doesn't need to be heated for long or the graham cracker gets entirely too toasted.



CAREFULLY remove foil packet from the sandwich maker - it is wicked hot - and open it on a flat surface (I have chocolate and marshmallow on a pair of pants from trying to nom the first one too hastily).

Breathe deep. Dive in.



*giggle* A s'moregasm. I dare it to be called anything else! LOL

I prefer the chocolate in my s'mores to be meltier than just putting a toasted marshmallow with a block of cold chocolate between graham crackers; and this... well this is just a perfectly proportioned sweet camping treat.

Try it! If you don't have a cast iron campfire sandwich cooker, you could try long handled metal tongs or get creative with a what you have on hand! No campfire? Try it on the bbq!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!